Montrose Molders in the Process of Going Green!
At Montrose Molders, we know that lessening our carbon footprint leads to a more sustainable and healthy business model. Following are some of the initiatives that we’ve undertaken in our effort to go green:
- A new lighting system was installed in 2009 by Macro Energy that uses 30% less electricity while generating 40% more light.
- In 2008, we purchased of two Hybrid Type Nissei 80 ton injection presses.
- We are currently in discussions with Cool-O-Matic and Aston Solar Company to install a 1 megawatt solar panel system on our roof.
- And, we have an extensive recycling program:
- All unused corrugated is properly separated, compacted, and recycled.
- All defective parts are ground up and either reused or sent to a recycling facility.
- Consumables, including plastic, glass, and cans, are properly disposed of and brought to the local recycling center.